Saturday, May 27, 2017

Family Treasure

This is my Family Treasure speech.

In PBL (or Project Based Learning) we have been learning about family culture and history. This is a story about my family. It's about my great grandfather's bible that he took to the second world war.

Here it is:

My name is Freya and this is my great grandfather's bible that his wife Mary gave to him on the 11 of March 1939 before he went to the second world war.


My great grandfather's name was Edward. His wife's name was Mary. Edward was a private in the 6th battalion of the Highland Light Infantry or the HLI.


Inside the bible he also kept small individual prayers. The bible is nearly 80 years old and was given to my dad when we moved to New Zealand by my granda.

In fact my great grandfather never wore trousers until nearly the end of the war. He wore shorts at school, joined the army and was given a kilt.

Thanks for reading.

Did you like it? Feel free to leave a comment about what you think. I'll be posting a video of me presenting this speech soon.
Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Such an interesting, detailed anecdote Freya, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi freya cant wait to here more love your family treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the description in the story and I'm sure everyone else would have liked it too. It is very interesting to find out about your family history.

    Did your Dad tell you this story?

    ReplyDelete